Listed below are what we believe to be the derivations and subsequent Club names for the seventeen Antrim GAA Clubs.
As a tip for future similar challenges, why don’t you download ‘A directory of the names of Ulster GAA Clubs and Grounds’ from the Ulster GAA site? What a resource!
1. Car+gin = Cargin
2. Money+Glass = Moneyglass
3. Saint+Bridge+ID+Bell+Fast (represented by a puff) = St. Bridget’s, Belfast
4. Saint+End+Dad’s as in Da’s = St. Enda’s
5. Lock+Heel as in guile+ shamrocks = Loughguile Shamrocks
6. Saint+Bridge+ID+C+locks+mills = St. Bridget’s, Cloughmills
7. Hard+One+Kick+Hams = Ardoyne, Kichams
8. Bomb+Eire+Shark+Inn = Rasharkin (Bomb plus the flag = the RA)
9. Ball+Eye+Castle = Ballycastle
10. Ill+saints+Ball+Eye+men+A = All Saints, Ballymena
11. Saint+P+Hat+Dizzy/Sick+Liz+burn = St. Patrick’s, Lisburn
12. Craig (007 bond)+Inn+Kick+Hams = Creggan Kickams
13. Lamb (young Sheep)+Jar+Egg = Lámh Dhearg
14. Eire+young (óg) = Eire Óg
15. O+Do (Tick)+A+Van+Rowers+A = O’Donovan Rossa
16. Saint+Girls = St. Galls
17. A+Hog+Hill = Ahoghill
If you think we have something wrong or a better derivation – shout out and we’ll amend it here!